Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easter Bouquet

I wanted to make a new decoration for Easter this year, but didn't want to put a lot of time into designing and making. Dollar Store Crafts to the rescue!! I saw this bouquet on the Dollar Store Crafts website and thought I would use it as a beginning to design my own!

I couldn't find the same items used in the bouquet pictured above, like the eggs already on sticks for an arrangement, so I had to make things up as I strolled the aisles of the local dollar store.  This is what I found.

 I bought the small eggs to keep in proportion with the bucket.  Although you can't see it in this picture, the bucket has an Easter design on it also.  The skewers are some that I had for other projects.  I found those at one of the bigger department stores, but the dollar stores may carry them also.  

I painted the skewers using paint that I had on hand and my fingers!  No pun intended... It was quicker to just dip my fingers in the paint and run them up and down the skewer.  I mainly used pastel colors, other then painting a couple of them purple.

You can see the design on the side of the bucket in this picture.  (And my paint fingerprints!)  These dried pretty quickly as I was outside and it was windy.  Not a good idea to do this craft outside when it is windy.  Things were blowing everywhere!

Next I randomly grabbed an egg and a skewer.  I didn't care if the colors matched or not as they were all pastel.  These eggs had holes in them, which I failed to mention earlier, so inserting the skewer was simple.  I pushed the skewer into the floral foam that I had placed in the bottom of the bucket.  This part was a bit tricky.  Due to the size of the bucket, it became a bit top heavy and, because of that lovely breeze, it kept toppling over onto the ground.  Along with my camera, and the paint, and everything else!  I would suggest waiting until you have all of the eggs on skewers before inserting them into the floral foam.  But, as I've said before, I'm not always patient.  


After arranging the eggs in the foam, I placed it in the bucket.  It didn't sit quite properly, leaning to one side, so I had to pack the grass in more on one side than the other.  

Between the wind and the lop-sidedness of the arrangement, I still think it came out quite pretty.  I added loose eggs around the base of the skewers to fill it in a bit.  Thank you Dollar Store Crafts for the inspiration.  


Happy Crafting!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment