Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Projects in the works

While I'm still getting used to blogging and figuring out what I want to post, I thought I'd share with you a couple of projects that I am working on.  Not to say that there aren't more....we all have those "UFO's"!

The first project/projects are quilts that I am making for my kids for next Christmas. (No, I'm not normally this organized!!) Every year for at least the past 10 years I have made my son and daughter pajama bottoms for Christmas. When they were very young I also stitched up matching pillowcases. We are now overrun with pillowcases so I only make pajama pants for them. I have accumulated quite a pile of scrap flannel and was tired of it just lying around. As you can see...



I am cutting 6-1/2 inch squares, nothing fancy, and will just stitch them together. I'm hoping to have enough for two twin size quilts. Rather than going the traditional route of adding batting and a backing, I'm going to use fleece for the backing and then just tie the layers together. It's simple, but it will hold nice memories for my son and daughter.

I'll keep you posted about my progress!!

Kathy









No comments:

Post a Comment