Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Backyard Beauty

MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Beauty...                                                                                            



This is my favorite tree in our yard.  Although we have only a 1/2 acre, there are over 25 trees on the property, mainly live oaks.  But this one is my favorite.  It is located next to the driveway in the front yard.  I've been sitting under this tree since we bought the house over 15 years ago.  Hauling out play pens, drawing with sidewalk chalk, pushing the kids in wagons, napping, playing make believe in cardboard boxes....I really miss those days and cherish those memories.  And I still love to sit under this tree, especially on beautiful days.  On clear days when the sky is a beautiful clear blue and the sun is shining making the leaves vibrant and green, I call these days blue-green days.  My kids still refer to days like this as this.  When we moved to Virginia for the past 5 years, one of the reasons I didn't want to sell the house was because I didn't want someone to buy it and cut down my tree.  Silly, but true.  And now we are back and I can sit under my tree again, making new memories with my teenage kids!

Perfect place for a hammock and a nap!                 


                                                                                                                       




Makes me anxious for summer...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment