Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Grand Opening of Nature Wise Farmacy

This weekend marked the Grand Opening of my friend DeAnna's store, Nature Wise Farmacy.  The store is located here in Florence, SC.  DeAnna opened the store in order to promote and celebrate, as is her slogan, the local artisan.  The store features work from craftsmen and artisans that live in the Pee Dee region of South Carolina.  Now, don't go asking me to tell you what the Pee Dee region is.  I've lived here for over 23 years and still am not sure!  I've always considered it the area around Florence, in general.  I'm probably wrong, LOL, but the focus of the store is to give us an opportunity to sell our work.  

So Saturday was the Grand Opening and, being true to South Carolina, it was hot!  As you can tell by the gorgeous picture of me below.  Ignore me...I just wanted to show my display.  We had about 10 consignors from the store set up, along with a bouncy house, cotton candy, and snow cones for the kids.  As many of the consignors are also involved in the local hobby farm association we had our share of chickens too!  Turn out was okay, mainly hindered by the heat, but more than anything it drew attention to the store.  

I currently have paper bead jewelry and crocheted items for sale in the store.  In addition, I will be teaching classes in crocheting, paper bead making, and sharpie tie-dying; this one is for kids.  As the year progresses, I'll be adding Christmas items to the store.  I'll also be re-stocking my Etsy shop with Christmas items.  

If you are ever in Florence, SC travelling on Highway 52 (aka Irby Street) keep an eye out for the store and stop in and say hi!




Happy Crafting!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment