Every season I would change up the wreath I had on my door or the silk flowers I had in a vase on my bookcase or, and this was always my favorite, what I had hung from the ceiling tiles. Now, I didn't cause any damage to the tiles! (Just a hint: if your office has the large ceiling tiles you can insert the spiral binding from a report that has been pulled apart just under the lip of the support cross pieces and use it to hang light objects. A paper clip will also work.) This is one of those hanging decorations. I had it hanging in my office near the air conditioner vent and it would gently sway whenever the air kicked in. I want to hang this in my house, but will have to put a screw-in cup hook in the ceiling so I need to decide where I want it to hang.
I started with a straw wreath and wrapped it with gold thread. Not sure why I did this. I think it was because the wreath was falling apart a bit after I removed the plastic wrapper and thought this would hold the loose pieces in better. Next I wrapped one of the ribbons around the wreath, securing it with straight pins. I removed the flowers from the stems and arranged them around the wreath, gluing them in place. I was working on this right-side up!
I clipped the butterflies to the ribbons, alternating colors and the edge of the ribbon that I clipped them to. I had three smaller butterflies and clipped these at the top, near the wreath. I used 12 butterflies in all, 4 for each ribbon. It gave the mobile a nice balance and length. Next I attached ribbons to hang the mobile from. You can see in the picture above that I started again on the inside of the wreath and brought the ribbons to the exterior through the flowers. These were also secured with glue and a pin. Holding the three ribbons together I tied a knot, trying to make sure the mobile hung straight. (Doesn't look very straight hanging from a tree though!)
Hope you enjoyed this!